Followers

Saturday, 10 March 2012

A Frog He Would A-wooing Go

It's that time of year when the frogs are doing their courting in my garden. The night-time croaking is in full force and I've seen at least 5 frogs in the pond.   We had frog spawn last year and a lot of them hatched out into tadpoles then suddenly they all disappeared. . Not one tadpole or egg was left but we did have five fish who were suddenly off their food!!!   I love frogs!  We have lots of froggie ornaments and toys around the house.  This year we might have even less chance off the tadpoles growing into frogs as we've now got more than 5 fish. couldn't believe my eyes on Monday when I saw at least 12 small fish that must have been born last year.  I can't understand how we didn't see them then.  They're all brown so I don't know if they will change into goldfish or if they're Shubunkin.

Anyway on to my card.  It fits the bill for the following challenges

Whimsy Stamps challenge #29 which requires no sentiment

Paper Pretties Monday challenge #29 which is to go green

Papertake Weekly challenge Anything goes, with the option of using shrink plastic which I haven't used

Squigglefly #9 make your card wobble!

Sundays with Crissy #27 Animals

Penny Black and More at Allsorts March springtime


Could these be the five that I've seen in our pond?


The one on the right looks rather worried lol


Whereas this one looks very happy, let's hope that he's lucky in love with his heart on show
 

Now for the wobbly bits which are the two outside edge frogs.  I stamped and coloured them and the cut them out.  I stuck them on to a strip of acetate which I attached to the back of the picture panel before sticking it to the card.  I then folded the acetate over to the front of the card where the frogs are happily bouncing around :o)  I've got it sitting on the top of my tv at the moment where it's looking quite cute

Materials used

Toadily clear stamps by Penny Black
Grass stamps by Inkylicious
Promarkers
Adirondack and Tim Holtz Distress ink pads
Acetate

10 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, what a great image to use for this challenge-thanks for joining in our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well aren't you smart to use a strip acetate to make your froggies hop! Your whole scene is just too cute for words! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous fun card. I too like frogs - have them in the small toilet room. Think I prefer the ornamental ones as to the real ones. Great faces on the frogs.
    Thanks for joining us at SWC this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Margaret. Such a fun scene. Luv & Hugs Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret, this is just adorable! I LOVE it! What a fantastic idea of using the acetate. Love your colours and the whole scene! Thanks so much for the different twist and for playing in the Squigglefly challenge!
    SF Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so pretty Margaret, just perfect for our theme.

    Thanks so much for joining in with our Spring theme at Penny Black and More this month, good luck with all the great prizes on offer and hope you will join us again next month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! LOVE IT! ... now I have that song going through my head .. if you have a young child you will probably know the one I mean .... "we all know frogs go laaaadeee la de da...."

    anyway .... fabulous card!

    Thankyou so much for sharing it with us over at Whimsy.
    xoxoxo Carly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab Entry, thanks for joining Penny black & More @ Allsorts challenge, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is gorgeous - such a great scene, so cute! Thank you for sharing with us at Penny Black and More.
    Hugs, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those little froggies are adorable -- especially the bouncy ones!

    ReplyDelete